Online Data and Health
T. Althoff, E. Horvitz, R.W. White, Psychomotor Function
Measured via Online Activity Predicts Motor Vehicle Fatality Risk, Nature
Digital Medicine, 2017.
T. Althoff, E. Horvitz, R.W. White,
J. Zeitzer, Population-Scale
Study of Sleep and Performance, World Wide Web Conference (WWW 2017). April
- J. Paparrizos, R.W. White, E. Horvitz. Screening for Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma using
Signals from Web Search Logs: Feasibility Study and Results, Journal
of Oncology Practice, June 7, 2016. doi:
- M.J. Paul, R.W. White, E. Horvitz. Search and Breast Cancer: On Episodic Shifts
of Attention over Life Histories of an Illness, ACM Transactions on
the Web (ACM TWEB), 2016.
- E. Horvitz and D. Mulligan. Data, privacy, and the greater good,
16 July 2015, Science 349. 253-255 (2015).
- R.W. White, S. Wang, A. Pant, R. Harpaz, P. Shukla, W.
Sun, W. DuMouchel, E. Horvitz. Early
Identification of Adverse Drug Reactions from Search Log Data, Journal
of Biomedical Informatics. 59:42–48, 2015.
- R.W. White and E. Horvitz. Belief Dynamics and Biases in Web
Search. ACM Transactions on Information Systems (ACM TOIS), In Press.
- M.J. Paul, R.W. White, E. Horvitz. Diagnoses, Decisions, and Outcomes: Web
Search as Decision Support for Cancer. In Proceedings of WWW 2015.
- R.W. White, R. Harpaz, N.H. Shah, W. DuMouchel, and E. Horvitz. Toward Enhanced Pharmacovigilance
using Patient-Generated Data on the Internet, Nature CPT, April 2014.
- R.W. White, N.P. Tatonetti,
N. H. Shah, R.B. Altman, E. Horvitz. Web-Scale Pharmacovigilance: Listening to Signals from
the Crowd. JAMIA, March 2013.
- R.W. White and E. Horvitz. Cyberchondria:
Studies of the Escalation of Medical Concerns in Web Search. ACM Transactions on Information Systems,
27(4), Article 23, November 2009, DOI 101145/1629096.1629101.
- M. Cartright, R.W. White, and
E. Horvitz. Intentions and Attention in Exploratory Health Search, SIGIR 2011, Beijing, China, July 2011.
- R. White and E. Horvitz. Predicting
Escalations of Medical Queries Based on Web Page Structure and Content, SIGIR 2010, Geneva, Switzerland, July 2010.
- A. Kapoor, N. Eagle, E. Horvitz. People,
Quakes, and Communications: Inferences from Call Dynamics about a Seismic
Event and its Influences on a Population.
Proceedings of AAAI Symposium on Artificial Intelligence for
Development, Stanford CA, March 2010.
- R. White and E. Horvitz. Web to
World: Predicting Transitions from Self-Diagnosis to the Pursuit of Local
Medical Assistance in Web Search,
AMIA 2010, Washington DC, November 2010.
- M. De Choudhury, S. Counts, E. Horvitz. Predicting
Postpartum Changes in Emotion and Behavior via Social Media, CHI 2013, April 2013, Paris, France.
- M. De Choudhury, S. Counts, E. Horvitz. Major
Life Changes and Behavioral Markers in Social Media: Case of Childbirth, CSCW 2013, February 2013, San Antonio, Texas.
- R.W. White and E. Horvitz. From
Web Search to Healthcare Utilization: Privacy-Sensitive Studies from
Mobile Data, JAMIA: Journal of the American Medical Informatics
Association, June 2012,
- A. Fourney, R.W. White, E. Horvitz. Exploring
Time-Dependent Concerns about Pregnancy and Childbirth from Search Logs. In Proceedings of CHI 2015.
- M.J. Paul, R.W. White, E. Horvitz. Diagnoses,
Decisions, and Outcomes: Web Search as Decision Support for Cancer. In Proceedings of WWW 2015.
- Ryen W. White and Eric Horvitz. Belief
Dynamics and Biases in Web Search.
ACM Transactions on Information Systems (ACM TOIS).
- M. De Choudhury, S. Counts, E. Horvitz, A. Hoff. Characterizing and Predicting
Postpartum Depression from Facebook Data., ICWSM 2014, Baltimore, MD, February 2014.
- S. Yang, R. White, E. Horvitz. Pursuing
Insights about Healthcare Utilization via Geocoded Search Queries, SIGIR 2013, Dublin, Ireland, July 2013.
- E. Yom-Tov, R. W. White, E. Horvitz. Seeking
Insights about Cycling Disorders via Anonymized Search Logs, Journal of Medical Internet Research, 2014 16(2):e65.
- M. De Choudhury, M. Gamon, S. Counts, E. Horvitz. Predicting
Depression via Social Media,
ICWSM 2013, Boston, MA, July 2013.
- M. De Choudhury, S. Counts, E. Horvitz. Social
Media as a Measurement Tool of Depression in Populations, WebSci 2013,
May 2013, Paris, France.
- R. West, R.W. White, E. Horvitz, From
Cookies to Cooks: Insights on Dietary Patterns via Analysis of Web Usage
Logs, WWW 2013, Rio de
Janeiro, Brazil, May 2013.
- Ryen W. White and E. Horvitz. Captions
and Biases in Diagnostic Search, ACM Transactions on the Web (ACM TWEB), 2013.
- Ryen W. White and E. Horvitz. From
Health Search to Health Care: Explorations of Intention and Utilization
via Query Logs and User Surveys,
Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association (JAMIA), May 2013.
- K. Radinsky and E. Horvitz. Mining
the Web to Predict Future Events,
WSDM 2013, Rome, February 2013.
R. White and
E. Horvitz. Studies of the Onset and Persistence of Medical Concerns in
Search Logs, SIGIR 2012, Portland, OR,