Privacy and Personalization
Horvitz and D. Mulligan. Data, privacy,
and the greater good, 16 July 2015, Science 349. 253-255 (2015).
Horvitz, Privacy, AI,
and the AI Enterprise: Toward Minimally Invasive Data Collection and Sensing,
IAPP 2015 (presentation).
- A. Singla, E. Horvitz, E. Kamar, R.W. White. Stochastic
Privacy, AAAI, July 2014.
- A. Krause and E. Horvitz. A Utility-theoretic Approach to
Privacy in Online Services,
Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research, 39 (2010) 633-662.
- J. Benaloh, M. Chase, E.
Horvitz, K. Lauter. Patient
Controlled Encryption: Ensuring Privacy in Electronic Medical Records, ACM CCSW 2009, Chicago, IL, November,
- A. Krause, E. Horvitz, A. Kansal, F. Zhao. Toward
Community Sensing, Proceedings
of the International Conference on Information Processing in
Sensor Networks, St.
Louis, Missouri, April 2008.
- A. Krause and E. Horvitz. A
Utility-Theoretic Approach to Privacy and Personalization, AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Chicago, Illinois, July 2008.
- P. Dewan, J. Grudin, E. Horvitz. Towards
Mixed-Initiative Access Control,
Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Collaborative Computing:
Networking, Applications and Worksharing,
November 2007, 64-71.
- J. Olson, J. Grudin, E. Horvitz. A Study of Preferences for
Sharing and Privacy. ACM
SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, Portland, OR , April,
- J. Teevan, S. T. Dumais, and E. Horvitz, Personalizing Search via
Automated Analysis of Interests and Activities, Proceedings of SIGIR 2005, ACM Press, August